Recently a friend asked for prayer. She’s working on her masters and knew an internship was part of the degree plan. What she didn’t know was that she had two weeks to find one! She confessed her stress and asked for prayer.
This comment sprang from my mouth, “God created the world in six days. You’ve got two weeks. He’s got it covered.” Not sure where that came from, but I knew it was something I needed to hear too, because sometimes, trusting God is hard.
I forget how big God is. How capable. How caring.
So often, the gig God gives me is a long-term one. A marathon. Lots of training. Lots of running. With no finish line in sight. I forget I’m not running alone.
So, here are a few reminders, just in case you need help trusting God too:
- “And God said, . . .” (Genesis 1:3 NIV) When God speaks, things happen.
- “See, I have chosen Bezalel . . . and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability, and knowledge . . .” (Exodus 31:2-3) God equips His chosen for the task.
- “In Your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.” (1 Chronicles 29:12) God is your strength. He places you where He chooses.
- “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.” (1 Cor. 2:9) His plans are too big for us to know more than one step at a time.
- “ . . . You know me . . . You hem me in—behind and before; You have laid Your hand upon me. “ (Psalm 139:1, 5) God knows you. He knows you!
- “ And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.” (Matthew 10:30) Every one of them. How’s that for attention to detail?
Workout for the Week: He’s Got It—and You—Covered
Memory Verse: Choose one from the list above.
Meditation Passage: Psalm 139
Just Do It: Rest in the knowledge that He’s got it!