Check out this quote from C. S. Lewis:
This reminds me of three demon apprentices who were being trained by the Devil on how they might be able to better populate hell. One demon said, “We can tell them that there is no God.” The Devil says, “No, that won’t work . . . people know better.” The next one said, “We can tell them there is no hell.” Again the Devil said, “No, that won’t work, they know better.” The last apprentice demon said, “I know, we can tell them there is no hurry.” The Devil said, “Hey, that’s it!”
Hebrews 3:12-14 (The Message) says, “So watch your step, friends. Make sure there’s no evil unbelief lying around that will trip you up and throw you off course, diverting you from the living God. For as long as it’s still God’s Today, keep each other on your toes so sin doesn’t slow down your reflexes. If we can only keep our grip on the sure thing we started out with, we’re in this with Christ for the long haul.”
Relationships require daily commitment, daily communication, and daily contact, even and especially if, you are miles apart. So, get your phone and your calendar.
Phone first. This week, we’re texting God:
- Set a reminder on your phone for 10:00, 12:00, and 2:00.
- Shoot God a text. A love note. A distress call. Whatever.
- Stop and wait for His reply.
Now for the calendar. Easter comes early this year. Make March the month you prepare your heart. Here are a few date ideas:
- Focus on one passage of Scripture, or even one verse. Focus on the Passion Week.
- Break out those old Easter hymns or YouTube Newsong’s Arise My Love or Google the top contemporary Easter songs.
- Memorize a verse.
- Ask God for a word. Find other verses that speak to that word.
- Choose part of the Easter story and put yourself in the scene. See it. Smell it. Taste it.
Be intentional. Today. Now.
Break out of the love triangle and focus on your first love. Your True Love.
Workout for the Week: Carpe Diem
Memory Verse: “Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.” Revelation 2:4
Meditation Passage: Hebrews 3:12-14
Just Do It: Shoot God a text.